Dr Stephen Bridger
• Trained at St Thomas’s Hospital, London
• Intercalated BSc (Pharmacology), 1985
• MBBS, 1988
• MRCP, 1991
• Gastroenterology Registrar training: South East Thames Rotation (St Thomas’s, Guys, Kings, Royal Sussex County and Kent & Sussex Hospitals).
• 3 years research experience in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Kings College Medical School)
• Appointed consultant Acute Worcestershire NHS Trust 2000
• Appointed consultant DCH 2003
• Therapeutic endoscopy including ERCP and IBD
• Award winning upper GI cancer MDT and Inflammatory Bowel disease services.
• Introduced various innovative endoscopic therapies
• Monday pm Winterbourne Hospital Gastro OP Clinic
• Tuesday am Dorset County Hospital Gastro Clinic
• Thursday pm Alternating Bridport OP Clinic (1st & 3rd Thursday in the month), Blandford (2nd, 4’th and 5th)
• Wednesday am: Therapeutic Endoscopy list DCH
• Friday pm: Colonoscopy list DCH
• 01305 255393
Key members of team:
• Secretaries: Linda Braid and Lorraine Hankey
• IBD Specialist Nurses: Pearl Avery and Rose Wilson
• Upper GI MDT Specialist Nurse: Jane Wraight
• Nutrition Specialist Nurse: Dee Angell
Dr James Jupp
- BSc 1999 University of Southampton
- BM 2000 University of Southampton
- MRCP (London) 2004
- DM 2012 University of Southampton
Dr Jupp qualified from the University of Southampton in 2000 having completed Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Medicine degrees. He then undertook basic medical training before being appointed to the Wessex Gastroenterology Specialist Registrar programme, which included sub-specialty Hepatology training at University Hospital Southampton and Addenbrooke's Hospital Cambridge. During Specialist Registrar training he also conducted scientific research on Chronic Pancreatitis for which he obtained a Doctoral degree. He completed his clinical training with an endoscopy fellowship at Royal Bournemouth Hospital and was then appointed as a Consultant at Dorset County Hospital in 2013.
Dr Jupp has received a comprehensive training in gastroenterology and has specialist interests in liver, biliary and pancreatic diseases. He also specialises in performing endoscopic procedures including gastroscopy, colonoscopy with polypectomy, oesophageal dilatation and stenting, variceal band ligation and ERCP. His completion and complication figures for endoscopy are reviewed six-monthly and have serially been better than nationally mandated averages.
Gastroetnerology clinic Tuesday morning
Gastroenterology / Hepatology clinic Wednesday morning in Weymouth
Key members of the team:
Dr Jupp works closely with a team of specialist nurses who cover viral hepatitis and hepatology, inflammatory bowel disease, upper and lower gastrointestinal cancer, and nutrition.