Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Training
The research team of a clinical trial must have attended Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training, according to Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trial) regulations, the UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research and International Conference on Harmonization – Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) guidance.
GCP training must be updated at least every three years while being actively involved in research, unless the study is commercially sponsored, in which case training must be updated every two years.
A guide to accessing online training
First of all you will need to create an account with the NIHR.
Creating your account:
- This is the link to access the CRN Learn website: http://learn.nihr.ac.uk/login/index.php
- First time visitors will need to click on create account.
- Complete the general information form and tick the T’s and C’s box.
- Click Skip ORCHID iD verification
- You will then receive an account verification email. Follow the instructions in the email. This will finalise your account.
You can now log in using your new details.
Online GCP training
- Select GCP Online from the titles bar (below the home tab).
- Select the correct GCP training course for you.
- Introduction - Introduction to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) eLearning (for those that have not done GCP training before, or have not done it for a while)
- Refresher - Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Refresher: eLearning (if you have done the done the introduction GCP training)
- Click to enter
- Click on “Enrol Me"
If you have any difficulties, please contact us via our details below.
Telephone: 01305 253106
Address: Research and Innovation, Dorset County Hospital, Williams Avenue, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 2JY, UK