Diabetes and Endocrinology
Our diabetes team have set up a new email address for GPs and practice nurses to use to ask for advice on diabetes related issues. It could be questions about which medications or insulin to use and help regarding titrating doses, or more complicated issues such as management problems or complications. The email inbox will be monitored every day and responses will be sent by the end of the next working day. The email is Diabetes.Support@dchft.nhs.uk
Dr Andrew Macklin
• BM Southampton 1990
• MRCP (UK) 1995
• MSc in Diabetes & Endocrinology July 1998
I trained in Norfolk & South East Thames in an ‘old style’ training scheme which guaranteed exposure to many of the problems that can present to a consultant.
All aspects of diabetes, but especially the interaction of diabetes & renal disease & the management of diabetes renal disease.
New treatments introduced:
• Diabetes is a constantly changing field, with many current patients using treatments or regimes that were not an option 10 years ago
• Developed the renal diabetes clinic
• Refined the pregnancy diabetes clinic
• Monday am Weymouth
• Tuesday pm Diabetes Centre Dorchester
• Thursday am Dorchester
• Friday am Blandford
Dr Adeel Ghaffar
- 1999 BSc Pathology with Basic Medical Sciences
- 2002 MB.BS. Barts and the London Medical School, University of London.
- 2005 MRCP
- 2011 Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education, University College, London.
- 2012 Postgraduate Diploma in University Learning & Teaching (Medicine) Imperial College London
Diabetes and Endocrine training in North-West Thames including rotations through Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospitals.
Experience gained in common and rare endocrine pathology including pituitary disease and neuroendocrine tumours.
Currently lead of diabetes and endocrine service and currently involved in developing integrated diabetes care in West Dorset.
Setup diabetic foot MDT service at Dorset County.
Integrated diabetes care
Diabetic foot care and currently lead of multidisciplinary foot service at Dorset County.
General endocrinology including thyroid and parathyroid disease.
General (and acute) medicine
Undergraduate and postgraduate medical education
Endocrine: Thu am at Dorchester, Fri am alternate weeks at Bridport
Foot clinics: Mon pm, Thu pm. Dorchester.
Dr Mo Lee Wong
- MBChB 2001 with commendation, Glasgow University
- MRCP (UK) 2005
- Specialty Certificate Examination (Endocrinology and Diabetes) 2010
Having done my house officer jobs and general medical professional training in Glasgow, I did my higher specialist training in medicine/diabetes and endocrinology in Wessex Deanery.
Antenatal diabetes, intensive insulin management
Joint antenatal diabetes alternate week Thursdays, Bridport diabetes clinics weeks 1, 3 and 5.