In 2007 Dorset County Hospital was proud to be awarded Foundation Trust status. As a Foundation Trust, Dorset County Hospital is required to have a Membership and a Council of Governors.
The Membership, by electing a Council of Governors to represent their views and comments, plays an important part in ensuring decisions made by the Trust Board are in the best interests of the community and patients.
Who can be a Member?
- Aged 16 years or over
- Resident in England
Benefits to Members
Membership of the Trust is free and open to all England residents aged 16 years and over. As a member you receive the following benefits:
- Receive regular newsletters and e-bulletins
- Invitations to regular Members’ Events at the Hospital
- Access to a range of discounts only usually available to NHS staff, including discounts at local businesses
- Right to vote for Governors in your constituency
- Chance to stand as a Governor and represent local members and the public
- Opportunity to provide feedack to the Hospital
- Means of showing support for the Trust
How to become a Member
If you have any questions about membership please look at our Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Membership Office using the details below.
Becoming a member of the Trust is simple and free. Simply use the online application form here.
Alternatively please contact the Membership Office for a membership leaflet which contains an application form.
Dorset County Hospital
Public membership is open to anyone aged 16 years or over and resident in England.
Please click here for our new Easy Read membership leaflet, which includes a membership application form.