What is Social Value?
Social Value describes the wider role of an organisation in helping to improve the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of its local communities.
Our Social Value Pledge
As an anchor institution, Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust commits to reduce inequalities and improve the overall wellbeing of the local community we serve.
An anchor institution is one that, alongside its main function, plays a significant role in a locality by making a strategic contribution to the local economy.
Dorset County Hospital commits to maximise the positive Social Value impact we have on our local communities, contributing to improving the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the local population.
As a NHS Trust, we pledge to:
- Maximise local investment - we commit to maximise local investment, recognising the social, economic and environmental benefits of buying locally when procuring goods and services.
- Increase local employment - we commit to increase employment and training opportunities for local people, especially from areas of high deprivation and unemployment.
- Be recognised as a good employer - provide outstanding careers, ensuring our employees have a positive and fulfilling experience - empowering our staff to deliver outstanding services, sustainably, everyday.
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion - recognising people from different backgrounds and experience make a valuable contribution to the way in which we work.
- Be greener and sustainable - we recognise the impact we have on the environment and our responsibility to improve our sustainability and contribute to better health and wellbeing of our local community.
- Promote civic partnerships - promote partnerships between DCH and our civic community, implementing local activities which contribute to reducing inequalities and improving health and wellbeing for all.
Our Social Value approach will create a lasting, positive social impact and legacy for the community we serve.
For more information, please contact Head of Charity and Social Value Simon Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org